lovely Ammonite with iridescent nacreous layers
|—||Marvin Gaye (via psych-facts)|
"do animals have less fear because they live without words"
Elias Canetti: The Human Province (1973)
These amazing underwater “crop circles” are the result of a species of pufferfish. The males create these large, intricate designs in the seabed with their fins to attract potential mates. The females inspect the finished design and decide if they wish to mate with the male from there. The female will lay her eggs in the center of the circles, and the male will then fertilize and guard the eggs.
Previously, the circles were of unknown origin, and remained a mystery for several years until it was discovered that these little guys were responsible for the beautiful designs.
1) The day my sister got back from the hospital after a suicide attempt. I didnt let go for about an hour.
2) Kid just found out his brother was shot and killed.
3) A Russian war veteran kneels beside the tank he spent the war in, now a monument.
4) Man sobbing at animal shelter. After being jailed briefly and his dog Buzz Lightyear impounded he couldn’t afford the $400 to get his pet back.
5) A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires that burned across Victoria, Australia, in 2009.
6) Alcoholic father with his son
7) Robert Peraza pauses at his son’s name on the 9/11 Memorial during the tenth anniversary ceremonies at the site of the World Trade Center.
8) Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
9) After two double lung transplants and years of battling cystic fibrosis, my good friend passed away last Saturday. This was one of the last pics taken with his mother.
These are probably some of the most powerful pictures I’ve ever seen and some hit close to home.